We believe that the following Statement of Faith confesses only what is the clear teaching of the Bible. If at any point this Statement deviates from that, the Statement of Faith should be changed.
We believe there is one God, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 13:14
- We believe that Jesus of Nazareth was conceived by the work of God’s Spirit, and that Jesus was born of the Virgin Mary, and that He is true God and true man. John 1:1-4; Matthew 1:18; Philippians 2:5-8
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for the sins of all people, and that all who trust and believe Him have forgiveness of sins through His blood. 1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; John 3:16
- We believe that Jesus rose bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where He is now the believer’s High Priest and Advocate. Luke 24; Acts 1:3-5; 1 Corinthians 15:4; Hebrews 7:25
- We believe that Jesus could come back from heaven at any time, that His coming will be personal and visible, and that He will judge the living and the dead. Acts 1:11; John 5:28-29; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53
About the Holy Spirit
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a person, and that He is God and co-equal with the Father and the Son. We believe that the Spirit moves in many ways to bring about the purposes of God. John 15:26; 16:7,8,13; Titus 3:5; Acts 1:8.
- We desire to practice all the gifts of the Spirit reflected in the New Testament. Romans 12:6-8; 1 Corinthians 12:7-11; 14:39-40; Ephesians 4:11-13.
About Man and Salvation
- We believe that a person becomes a child of God by trusting that Jesus can and will bring forgiveness and bring the person to God. When a person believes in Christ, the Holy Spirit makes the person alive with an eternal life, and thus that person becomes a part of God’s family. John 1:12-13; Titus 3:5
- We believe that people were created in the image of God, that they sinned, but continue to be in the image of God. By sinning people brought on the human race guilt and death. Romans 5:12,19; Genesis 1:26-27.
- We believe that there will be a bodily resurrection of both the just and the unjust. The believers will go to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and the unbelievers to judgement and punishment. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe that the Christian life is separated to God, that it lives out the teachings of the Scriptures, and that it is dedicated to serving Christ the Lord. Ephesians 2:10; Romans 12:1-2; James 2:14-26.
About the Bible
We believe that the whole Bible is not only the words of people but also the words of God, that it is unfailing and true, and that it is the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. 2 Peter 2:21; 2 Timothy 3:16.
- We believe in the reality of angels, both good and fallen. This includes Satan, the enemy of God, whose doom is sure. Ephesians 5:11-12; Colossians 2:15; Revelations 20:7-10.
- We believe that the Church, formed by Christ, is made up of all true believers; and that the Great Commission to make disciples of all nations is the supreme mission of the church in this age. 1 Cor. 12:12-13; Matthew 28:19-20.
- We believe that the Church has two ordinances, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Baptism expresses trust in Christ and confessing Him as Lord. The Lord’s Supper is a reminder of and participation in His sacrificial death. 1 Cor 11:23-25; 1 Pet 3:20-22.